Converting 3gp video into avi format

I had some video of my kids taken with my phone and are therefore in the 3GP format.  The problem is that when tried to play them on my PC (running Ubuntu Linux), there's no sound.  So I looked around and found the perfect solution: the Mobile Media Converter.  It's a free, cross-platform (that is, it runs on Windows, Linux and Mac) converter of various mobile media formats to and from desktop PC media formats, namely:

  • Desktop audio: mp3, wma, ogg, ra (as input only)
  • Mobile audio: amr, mp4
  • Desktop video: mpeg, wmv, avi, flv, mov, rv (as input only)
  • Mobile video: 3gp, mp4
An installer for Ubuntu Linux is available and I quickly installed it with a few clicks.  To the guys making this very useful -- and free -- tool, thanks a lot!  I think I'll make a donation later.

Comments

Popular Posts