Welcoming the New Year 2010

I'm savoring the last few days of my month-long vacation.  I'll be back in France next week and I'm spending the few remaining days with my family in the best way I can.

Overall, it's been a good vacation.  It's not easy reinserting yourself into the daily lives of your wife and kids with whom you only interact over the internet for most of the year.  But (thanks also to our frequent interactions online) we seem to have meshed well and rather quickly, as if we live in the same house together all year round.  I really hope we'll still stay as close to each other in the coming months, when we're half a world apart.

Last year, 2009, for my family was, in a way, a year of settling down.  This year, 2010, will be another year of change.  After all, this is the year of the metallic tiger, and the beast is on the prowl.  Time to shake things up.

So, my goals for this year?  Personally, I'd like to lose a lot of weight.  Professionally, I'd like to see large gains and strategic changes for the future.  For my family, I'd like us to live together soon, or at least be in a better living arrangement.  I know some of these are not very specific, but I'd rather keep some very important decisions private ;-)

I therefore look forward to the rest of 2010!  We'll make this a better year than the previous one!

Comments

Popular Posts